Sonarlint 5.6 (-->Sonarlint) option is not coming to Analyze .Java files in Eclipse

Please provide

• Operating system: Windows
  • IDE name and flavor/env: Eclipse Mars 2 (4.5.2)
  • SonarLint plugin version: 5.6.0
  • Is connected mode used: Yes
    • Connected to SonarCloud or SonarQube (and which version): 8.9.8

And a thorough description of the problem / question:

Eclipse IDE: For only .Java files “SonarLint” option is not appearing for “Analyze”.

1. Checked all the projects properties and sonar-scanner configuration files, The exclude option is never been mentioned for Java.
  2. Bindings are good , I can able to analyze other files (.sql,.pkb,.pks, …)
  3. Using Windows server 2016 with Java 8 version, Does Sonarlint really requires Java 11 atleast?

Secondly, Due to some technical project constrains we have been using ECLIPSE MARS 2 IDE for develop and commit code to Gitlab. May I know which sonarlint version is compatible with (ECLIPSE MARS 2 (4.5.2) and Sonarqube (8.9.8))

Thanks,
Nitheesh
IBM

Hey there.

The last version of SonarLint to support Mars was v5.8.1. At any given moment, we only consider that the very latest version of SonarLint is supported – so there’s not much help we’ll be able to offer.

Do the logs give you any hints?

Hi Colin,

Appreciated your info.

The issue was resolved ,as I’d noticed some log files recently in my eclipse while updating Sonar bindings , Due to class path issue all the .java files were being excluded, Classpath is resolved now and I’m able to analyze java files as well.

Thanks
Nitheesh

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.