Currently I am experiencing a bug in the new official SonarKotlin Plugin 1.0.1 on SonarQube 6.7.3 and SonarQube 7.2.1, both Community Edition.
Especially for this bug report here I created two repositories:
In both cases I created a very basic Android project, one in pure Java, the other in pure Kotlin.
There are no activities, but just some simple class Adding and its counterpart AddingTest.
I am only interested in code coverage, because this seems to be broken inside the official SonarKotlin Plugin 1.0.1.
Using the old inofficial one (https://github.com/arturbosch/sonar-kotlin) the code coverage is shown in SonarQube.
But with the new official one SonarQube only shows a line as cide coverage.
I tried JaCoCo-Android (https://github.com/arturdm/jacoco-android-gradle-plugin), which works as a wrapper for JaCoCo (especially for flavors and dimensions).
I tried JaCoCo (https://www.jacoco.org/jacoco/) itself.
I succeeded in creating those *.exec files, so the JaCoCo process itself seems to work nicely.
In addition I tried the SonarQube Scanner (https://docs.sonarqube.org/display/SCAN/Analyzing+with+SonarQube+Scanner) - the needed sonar-project.properties are included in both of my repositories.
As a result I can say that the *.exec files are generated, and SonarQube Scanner aswell as SonarQube Gradle Plugin do send the code coverage to the SonarQube backend.
But the backend only shows the coverage in case of Java, and in case of Kotlin only together with the old unofficial plugin.
So for me it seems that the new official SonarKotlin Plugin 1.0.1 has a bug concerning the code coverage.