- latest sonarqube (7.3)
- latest plugin SonarJava (5.7)
- maven 3.5.2
- “A stack overflow error occurred while analyzing file”
Steps to reproduce:
- Configure a Quality Profile for Java including squid:S2637 ("@NonNull" values should not be set to null)
- Clone the project here: https://github.com/seyguai/sonar-stackoverflow-s2637
- Run ‘mvn compile sonar:sonar’
- Boom. (part of the stack is available inside ./stack.txt)
Well, actually, I can’t reproduce the StackOverflowError every time, which is even worse.
I ran the maven command three times in a row, no error, went for a drink, came back, ran it once, and then it failed.
I sincerely hope the drink is not required to reproduce the problem.