Sonarcloud integration

I’m trying to integrate sonarcloud with my github project and i get this error: error NETSDK1045: The current .NET SDK does not support targeting .NET 6.0. Either target .NET 5.0 or lower, or use a version of the .NET SDK that supports .NET 6.0. . I found the fix for this issue, but its for Azure DevOps: - task: UseDotNet@2 displayName: 'Use .NET Core sdk' inputs: packageType: 'sdk' version: '6.0.x' includePreviewVersions: true
But I’m using .github/workflows/build.yml file, so I don’t know how to adjust to it

Hey there.

What does your .github/workflows/build.yml file look like today?

1 Like

Hi @Colin,

This is my build.yml file :

on:
  # Trigger analysis when pushing in main or pull requests, and when creating
  # a pull request.
  push:
    branches:
      - main
  pull_request:
      types: [opened, synchronize, reopened]
name: Sonar Scan
jobs:
  sonarcloud:
    runs-on: windows-latest
    steps:

- name: Set up JDK 11
        uses: actions/setup-java@v1
        with:
          java-version: 1.11
      - uses: actions/checkout@v2
        with:
          fetch-depth: 0  # Shallow clones should be disabled for a better relevancy of analysis
      - name: Cache SonarCloud packages
        uses: actions/cache@v1
        with:
          path: ~\sonar\cache
          key: ${{ runner.os }}-sonar
          restore-keys: ${{ runner.os }}-sonar
      - name: Cache SonarCloud scanner
        id: cache-sonar-scanner
        uses: actions/cache@v1
        with:
          path: .\.sonar\scanner
          key: ${{ runner.os }}-sonar-scanner
          restore-keys: ${{ runner.os }}-sonar-scanner
      - name: Install SonarCloud scanner
        if: steps.cache-sonar-scanner.outputs.cache-hit != 'true'
        shell: powershell
        run: |
          New-Item -Path .\.sonar\scanner -ItemType Directory
          dotnet tool update dotnet-sonarscanner --tool-path .\.sonar\scanner
      - name: Build and analyze
        env:
          GITHUB_TOKEN: ${{ secrets.GITHUB_TOKEN }}  # Needed to get PR information, if any
          SONAR_TOKEN: ${{ secrets.SONAR_TOKEN }}
        shell: powershell
        run: |
          .\.sonar\scanner\dotnet-sonarscanner begin /k:"PaladiAlexandru_Classification-of-IrisFlower" /o:"paladialexandru" /d:sonar.login="${{ secrets.SONAR_TOKEN }}" /d:sonar.host.url="https://sonarcloud.io"
          dotnet build WebAppIris.sln 
          .\.sonar\scanner\dotnet-sonarscanner end /d:sonar.login="${{ secrets.SONAR_TOKEN }}"

You probably need to use actions/setup-dotnet. I anticipate this isn’t really a SonarCloud / Scanner for .NET issue – I would suggest you focus on making sure you have a working beginning-to-end build of your project using GitHub actions, and then add back in the SonarCloud bits.

I did the same integration steps but on a .NET 5 version project. And worked perfectly! I’ll change my entire project to .NET 5, so you can close this thread. Thank you for your help!

Hey there.

Nice to hear you’re no longer blocked, by all means you should be able to use .NET 6 all the way through your build with a project targeting .NET 6… it just needs to be configured using the action I linked earlier. .NET 5 is EOL in a few months while .NET 6 is an LTS version.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.