Hi! We just recently made an upgrade on our Sonarqube from 6.1 to 7.1. We noticed that ever since performing the upgrade, our sonar scans have been running about 80% slower than they were while on the 6.1 version. I’m not really sure what I can do to go about making these scans go by faster. We are running on RDS using postgres 9.5. We have the following plugins:
Any advice/guidance would be greatly appreciated! We do plan to upgrade to 7.9 LTS in the near future but we are looking for possible solutions for right now.
Do you have any insight into where the extra time is being taken? Is it in server-side analysis report processing or CI-side analysis report creation? In a particular step of analysis? For all languages?
Thanks for your response. From what I am able to understand, the slowdown starts on the server side analysis reporting. I am able to run jobs on jenkins just fine and it sends the scan to sonarqube. Once it is time for Sonarqube to analyze and publish the report, that’s when it is taking a long time.
Okay, thanks for that. Before I started talking I wanted to get a little confirmation of my suspicions. Early in the 7-series we introduced Live Measures, so that your issues counts, for instance, are always up to date. That table can get big and sometimes updating it is slow. I believe that’s what you’re seeing. We solved an Oracle-related performance hotspot on that table in 8.3.
Since 7.1 is past EOL, you should continue your upgrade path at your earliest convenience. From 7.1 you’ll need to move to 7.9.3 before you can transition to 8.3.