Sonar failed: A required class was missing while executing org.sonarsource.scanner.maven:sonar-maven-

While running JEnkins builds found below error, this was encounters in for the maven build 3.9.02115

[ERROR] Failed to execute goal org.sonarsource.scanner.maven:sonar-maven-plugin:3.9.0.2155:sonar (default-cli) on project XXXXX: Execution default-cli of goal org.sonarsource.scanner.maven:sonar-maven-plugin:3.9.0.2155:sonar failed: A required class was missing while executing org.sonarsource.scanner.maven:sonar-maven-plugin:3.9.0.2155:sonar: org/apache/commons/lang/StringUtils

Please share the workaround to fix this and let me know if any additional information is needed to sort-out.

Abhilash MP

2 Likes

I am facing the same issue. I think it is because the Sonar Scanner is running a different version of java than the remote sonar server. However, I am not sure about this. Can someone provide a resolution to this issue?

Hi @penabhi02, I was able to resolve this error by removing the custom Findbugs plugin from my SonarQube. I am still looking for a solution on why SonarQube scanning fails when custom Findbugs plugin is enabled.