Sonar cloud does not show code smells and bugs on typescript ts files via bitbucket sonarcloud-scan

We use bitbucket pipelines to build and deploy our angular project and are using the sonarcloud-scan. We see that our html and css files are validated for code smells and bugs, but no code smells and bugs are shown on our *ts files. We are sure that violations on ts files are there. It seems that our ts files are not scanned.

definitions:
  steps:
    - step: &test
        name: Test application
        image: atlassianlabs/docker-node-jdk-chrome-firefox
        size: 2x
        script:
          - npm cache clean -f
          - npm install -g n
          - n 12.16.3
          - npm install -g @angular/cli@9.1.1
          - npm install
          - ng test --watch=false --browsers=ChromeHeadless --code-coverage=true
        artifacts:
          - coverage/sml-customer-web/**
    - step: &sonar-cloud-scan
        name: Sonar Cloud Scan
        script:
          - pipe: sonarsource/sonarcloud-scan:1.4.0
            variables:
              EXTRA_ARGS: -Dsonar.projectKey=$SONAR_PROJECT_KEY-${BITBUCKET_BRANCH} -Dsonar.projectName=$SONAR_PROJECT_KEY-${BITBUCKET_BRANCH} -Dsonar.host.url=$SONAR_HOST_URL -Dsonar.login=$SONAR_TOKEN -Dproject.settings=./sonar.properties
              SONAR_SCANNER_OPTS: -Xmx512m
              DEBUG : "true"
 branches:
    develop:
      - step: *test
      - step: *sonar-cloud-scan

Our sonar properties

sonar.sourceEncoding=UTF-8
sonar.sources=src
sonar.exclusions=**/node_modules/**,**/src/environments/**
sonar.coverage.exclusions=src/environments/**/*
sonar.tests=src
sonar.test.inclusions=**/*.spec.ts
sonar.javascript.lcov.reportPaths=coverage/sml-customer-web/lcov.info
sonar.scm.provider=git
sonar.typescript.tsconfigPath=./tsconfig.json

Hey there.

Any particular reason you’re setting sonar.typescript.tsconfigPath rather than letting the analyzer find the right file?

I have tried without this property. But it does not make a difference. Code smells and bugs on ts files are not shown.

Okay! I would suggest uploading your analysis logs from the Bitbucket pipelines, redacting sensitive information if necessary.

Hi Collin,
These are my logs

pipelineLog-{2ab51036-fd7e-44f6-99ee-4a62b938cb1a}.txt (4.3 MB)

Hi,

Your version is past EOL. You should upgrade to either the latest version or the current LTS at your earliest convenience. Your upgrade path is:

8.5.1 → 8.9.10 → 9.7 (last step optional)

You may find the Upgrade Guide and the LTS-to-LTS Upgrade Notes helpful. If you have questions about upgrading, feel free to open a new thread for that here.

If your error persists after upgrade, please come back to us.

Thank you Colin. I have asked team that is responsible for the sonarqube to do the upgrade. I do not have access to the sonarqube myself. I hope upgrade will solve it. If not the case I will come back to you.

We did not do yet the upgrade, because it is used by many projects. But we found that the root cause was not the lower version but the specified profile for type script.The default typescript profile was “Sonar way”. We changed this now to “Sonar way recommended”. After changing this the typescript code smell detection was working much better.