Setting Java Log file for SonarQube process not working

HI everyone,
I have a rather small problem, but I don’t seem to get it right.
I want to be able to set my Java Log to a dedicated .properties-file, but only for my SonarQube process.
I tried this by achieve this by updating the sonar.properties file with these lines:

sonar.web.javaAdditionalOpts=-Djava.util.logging.config.file=D:/...myfullpath../javalog.properties
sonar.search.javaAdditionalOpts=-Djava.util.logging.config.file=D:/...myfullpath../javalog.properties
sonar.ce.javaAdditionalOpts=-Djava.util.logging.config.file=D:/...myfullpath../javalog.properties

I was expecting that this file is now being updated with the java log from all the SonarQube activities, but I doesn’t seem work.
I get no error or exception but the file is simply not written.

Am I doing something wrong and what can I do to achieve?

My version: Developer Edition Version 8.9 (build 43852)

Thank and cheers
Claudius

Hi Claudius,

This sounded vaguely familiar, so I did a quick Jira dive and checked the docs & I’m not seeing that this is possible. What lead you to believe that it should be?

Ann

Hello Ann,
Thank you for your answer,
I’ve already thought that this might not be possible, I just wanted to ask to get the answer from an expert.
I wanted to see, if there is a way to get a deeper look into the java log beyond the java.debug log I already see in the sonar logs.

But since it isn’t possible, we pretty much can close this thread, since my question is answered :slight_smile:
Thank you

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.