Saml with sonar 9.3

I have sonar 9.3 running on azure aks. I followed doc from azure website to configure SAML Authentication. I’m stuck at one step where the doc says to configure IDP at sonarqube side as per -

I’m unable to find this portion in sonar 9.3 UI. If I proceed the saml integration without this step, I get “user not authorized contact administrator” when I login using saml. In sonar logs I see unable to retrieve identity provider key. Identity provider is doesn’t exist or not enabled.

Has anyone successfully configured saml using azure documents with sonar 9.3? Pl help

Hey there.

You’ll be looking for the global Administration > Security > SAML, which requires the global Administer permission.

Hello Colin,

Thank you for looking at my post.

I did complete the global configuration you mentioned but then I get “user not authorized contact administrator” when I use saml with from UI.
In sonar logs I see error
“unable to retrieve identity provider key. Identity provider is doesn’t exist or not enabled.”

Hey @Jassim_Shaikh

Were you able to solve the issue? If not – in order to help, I think it would be useful for you to provide screenshots of your Azure AD SAML configuration, and the configuration you’ve done SonarQube-side (feel free to redact sensitive details, but it will be important to keep things like the end of URLs and identifiers used in both configurations intact).

This issue:

Typically means that the callback URL ( /oauth2/callback/saml) is mistakenly ending with something other than saml

Hi @Colin

I switched to Azure AD plugin instead of SAML plugin to fix the issue. Its working fine with Azure AD plugin.