Running sonarscanner without using CLI

Must-share information (formatted with Markdown):

• Sonarqube Community Edition Version 9.4 (build 54424)
  • I want to run Sonarscanner without using CLI
  • In my organization we have restriction to run bat or exe file without using administrative credentials. As of now what i have understood if i want to run scanner i am gonna need to run exe or bat file through command prompt. Is there any way to run sonarscanner without using CLI? if not can someone suggest with better idea.

Hi,

I’m not sure that SonarScanner needs admin privs to run analysis. It just needs access to the files in the working directory, including the ability to read everything and to create its own working sub-dir with full rights.

Note that running an anti-virus during analysis is problematic, because the virus scanner is likely to lock the file the scanner is working on (we’ve seen it many times). But I don’t think you need admin rights.

HTH,
Ann

1 Like

Just for information, is there any other way to interact with sonarscanner besides using CLI?

Hi,

I really don’t understand the question. SonarScanner is a command line tool. Are you asking about wrappers? SonarScanner for Maven, Gradle, .NET, Jenkins &etc are essentially that.

Ann

1 Like

Hi,

I am sorry, I was not clear at first.

I was just asking if is there any other way to scan projects (Maven, Gradle or .NET) without using cli?

Hi,

You’ll find them all in the docs.

HTH,
Ann

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.