Run Code Analysis task failing

Hi! Thanks in advance for any help and insight.

Versions

• Azure DevOps Server (17.143.28621.4)
  • SonarQube server 7.7 (build 23042)
  • SonarQube Azure DevOps plugin (version 4.7.2)
    • Task: Prepare Analysis Configuration (version 4.7.2)
    • Task: Run Code Analysis (version 4.6.3)

Note: I find it strange that the individual task versions are out of sync. I deleted the _tasks folder on my build agents to try and resolve this, but that did not work.

Issue

As of sometime on 8/14/2019 (error below is from today), I am seeing a failure for the Run Code Analysis task:

2019-08-15T14:02:05.3381813Z ##[error]java.lang.IllegalStateException: Unable to load properties from file F:\Build\Agent1\_work\4\.sonarqube\out\.sonar\report-task.txt

The analysis itself completes successfully, it is just the specific task that fails right at the end (which fails the build).

Steps to reproduce

Setup a build like the following for a .Net Core 2.1 project (this also affects .Net Framework 4.5+ projects):

• NuGet Restore
  • Prepare Sonar Analysis
  • MSBuild
  • VsTest
  • Run Code Analysis

Prepare Sonar Analysis task definition

- task: SonarQubePrepare@4
  inputs:
    SonarQube: '$(Sonar.ServiceConnection)'
    projectKey: '$(Sonar.ProjectKey)'
    projectName: '$(Sonar.ProjectName)'
    extraProperties: |
     sonar.projectDescription = '$(Sonar.ProjectDescription)'
     sonar.links.scm = '$(Build.Repository.Uri)'
     sonar.links.ci = '$(Build.BuildUri)'

Workaround

For the time being, I can allow the build to continue on error as SonarQube reports the analysis successfully. However, this is not ideal.

Hi,

For the versions of the task, each one of them has it’s own lifecycle, and since Run Code Analysis hadn’t change, it remains at its current version.

For your error, could you please send me the log in debug mode to see when this error is occuring in the process ? (let me know if you want me to send you a PM so you can reply with the log if you don’t want to share it here)

Thank you.