We are using Generic Issue Import Format to collect vulnerability issues on SonarCloud like this.
We want to navigate viewers to the corresponding CVE details page.
- Currently, “Why is this an issue?” tab are not shown because no rule details provided. Is there any way to provide the rule detail of Generic Issue Import Format issues on SonarCloud?
- Or is it possible to use hyperlinks in the message text of issues?
The functionality you’re after is not available. Your best option is to include the URL in the message and hope users copy/paste it.
I think markdown in messages is quite reasonable. Could you flesh out the Product Manager for a Day template (below) and then move this to that category? (Or I can do the move):
- What are you trying to accomplish?
- Why does this matter to you?
- How would that look in SonarCloud? Alternatives?
- How would we know it works well?
- Why should it be a priority now?
Yes, it would be nice if markdown is supported in the issue message.
Should I close this issue and create new one with Product Manager for a Day category?
No need to create a new thread; we can move this one. Just be sure to flesh out the answers to the questions above that are relevant to the topic, and then either of us can re-categorize this thread.