Restoring sonarqube version

Hi All,

I amtrying to restore sonarqube version but upon trying it I have encountered an error related to database.
2023.12.19 06:35:18 INFO web[o.s.s.u.SystemPasscodeImpl] System authentication by passcode is disabled

432023.12.19 06:35:19 ERROR web[o.s.s.p.PlatformImpl] Web server startup failed: Database was upgraded to a more recent version of SonarQube. A backup must probably be restored or the DB settings are incorrect.

442023.12.19 06:35:20 INFO web[o.s.s.a.EmbeddedTomcat] HTTP connector enabled on port 9000

452023.12.19 06:35:21 INFO web[o.s.p.ProcessEntryPoint] Hard stopping process

462023.12.19 06:35:21 INFO app[o.s.a.SchedulerImpl] Process[web] is stopped

Hi @Ryan_Ubana,

Can you share details on which Sonarqube Version you tried updating and now you are trying to revert to?
Did you take a backup of the DB before performing the upgrade?

I’m not exactly sure, but I think this means that the DB was indexed to the latest version of SonarQube and when you revert to the older version of SonarQube, you’ll also have to restore and point to that old DB backup.

Please take a look at this question here - Sonarqube Web server startup failed after Docker restart

Thanks,
Aravind

I have upgraded to version 9.9.3 and I would like to revert to version 9.0 community edition

Thanks for your response.

Did you refer to these steps in the docs? - Reverting to the previous version

how am i supposed to rollback?

As mentioned in the docs, depending on the DB you are using, you’ll have to restore the DB backup that you took before performing the upgrade to v9.9.3. Download the v9.0 package and point to this restored DB backup.

In our case we are using dockerhub image of sonarqube. We are just pulling from it. What specific db is needed? the postgresql or the data from sonarqube pods itself?