Report-task.txt not created

I have some Sonar scans that are lacking the report-task.txt file. Looks like this is the case when I do a scan in preview mode to Sonar 6.7.x. but also for some scans (maybe only PRs?) on Sonar 7.9.x.
In which cases is the report-task.txt created an in which not?

which versions are you using

• SonarQube: EE 7.9.5 (build 38598), CE 6.7.7 (build 38951)
  • Scanner: 4.5

what are you trying to achieve
I would like to fetch some measurements from the API and want to make sure I really get the results from my latest scan. Therefore I use the report-task.txt file created by the scanner to get the taskID and check the /ce/task api if the task has finished yet.

• what have you tried so far to achieve this

Hi,

I’m going to ignore the 6.7 stuff. 6.7 is long-past EOL and you have a 7.9 instance.

In what contexts are you not seeing it created?

Have you tried just waiting for the webhook call?

Ann

If the scan completes (considering the background task separately), it should create the report-task.txt file. I suppose if it failed to connect to your sonarqube instance, it might fail to create it, but that’s usually a moot situation.

I do completely understand the need to find this file and use it. We’re using SonarQube 7.9.2. In our network, the webhook to Jenkins no longer works (almost a year now), and we’ve never been able to figure out why (gets “Server unreachable” on every attempt). As a result of this, I implemented script code to poll the taskid pulled from the report-task.txt file, until the task is complete.

Hi Ann, thanks for the response.

For some scans on PRs but also main branches. Execution succeeds for all scans but file is not present. I had hoped you could tell me in which cases none is created.

Hi,

I’m not aware of anything off-hand. Again, in what contexts does it seem to be missing? Is there any pattern in terms of language or technology?

Ann