Have used sonarqube a few years back with great success; new company and I’m rolling it out again.
This time I’m trying sonarcloud, but we are also considering hosting sonarqube ourselves;
We use fairly standard git flow style for managing repo;
- master = our production branch;
- develop = our development branch;
- feature/x which target the develop branch;
- release/* = our release branches;
What I’m after at the moment is just to be able to see a list of new issues introduced in each historical release, and also to track the develop branch.
I’ve tried a lot of combinations, but it seems whenever I scan a release branch it either goes in as a long living branch but does not show me new issues introduced in that branch from the older release, or even as compared to the master branch.
I have gone through lots of documentation and the help forums, but it seems as though the way branches are managed have been in flux lately – which leads to lots of answers that are no longer relevant. This is my last attempt:
- git checkout develop ; sonar-scanner -Dsonar.branch.name=master
- git checkout release/20.3.5 ; sonar-scanner -Dsonar.branch.name=release/20.3.5
I was hoping you could reply with some steps to set this up properly.