Refresh of Issue Count after new quality profile activation

Hello Team,
Based on analysis of sonar scan we created different quality profiles which contains rules with changed severity and some rules are deactivated etc. as per our organisation needs.
Now , in Issue page it always shows total count of issues per rule irrespective of different quality profiles activated at different times.
Is there a way where I can get a comparison view on how overall issue count changes with different quality profiles for different languages ?
Regards
Roopali

Hey there.

Quality Profiles determine which rules are actually executed during analysis, so if a rule isn’t activated… there’s no information available about whether there would be issues if a Quality Profile had a rule activated.

Yes that’s right, my question is lets suppose my quality profile on 1st of Feb had Rule 1 with severity Critical , and I see I had issues under critical category 50 . Now on 15th Feb we adapted the Rule 1 to severity Minor . So now when I take issue count again I still see that count of critical issues to 50 and in Minor I see some numbers are added too. And when I look at count of issues on Rule 1 it shows total count so far . So I want to know if there is a easy way to pull out comparison on issue count on rule basis based on changes in rule definition. I hope I am bit clear now.

Regards
Roopali

Hey there.

Unfortunately (or fortunately, depending on what you’re after) issues are not updated when Quality Profiles are updated.

Perhaps you can give some more details about what you’d use this report for, to see if there are any other options.

ohh okay so it’s not possible. The business context of this question is : When we run sonar Qube scan and tries to blocks pipeline based on critical , blocker issues and ask developer to fix the issues . During this phase we collect feedback as well where we feel some issues are false positive some cannot be resolved etc. Based on this we adapt our quality profile by changing rules definition. We want to report this progress to Management and developers that by doing this exercise how judicially we are following up with issues and creating a robust quality profile for organisation. And in that report we want to show issue counts in numbers that with this continuous process how issues counts patterns are looking.

Hello ,
Any further thoughts over this request ? As in current way of working it’s always total issues count which is seen and it keeps growing and growing , do you have any better idea to present how scanning is helping to reduce the issue count ?
Looking forward to hear from you.
Regards
Roopali