Recommended maximum connections For Postgresql DB

Hello Team,

I don’t find any recommended value for max connections for Postgres in SonarQube DB.

Could you please advise, I’m using 8.2v Developer edition.

Thanks in advance.

Hi,

You’ll find the recommendations “documented” in the sonar.properties file in the values of the commented-out properties. BTW, those values are the defaults, so they’ll be used if you do nothing.

HTH,
Ann

Got it !

Also I tried updating Sonarqube from 8.2 to 8.4 and it displays this message in logs though the DB version of postgres has already been updated from 11 to 12.

2020.10.16 10:08:26 WARN web[o.s.s.p.DatabaseServerCompatibility] The database must be manually upgraded. Please backup the database and browse /setup. For more information: https://docs.sonarqube.org/latest/setup/upgrading
2020.10.16 10:08:26 WARN app[startup] ################################################################################
2020.10.16 10:08:26 WARN app[startup] The database must be manually upgraded. Please backup the database and browse /setup. For more information: https://docs.sonarqube.org/latest/setup/upgrading
2020.10.16 10:08:26 WARN app[startup] ################################################################################

Hi,

Yes that’s perfectly normal. As part of each version upgrade, SonarQube updates its own DB schema. Just follow the instructions in that log message you’ve quoted.

Ann

Okay, thank you :slight_smile:

And I’m hosting this in kubernetes so is it fine to have one instance of sonarqube pod with 2 replicas of DB pod? or is it necessary to have only one instance of sonarqube pod with 1 instance of DB pod?

Hi,

Sorry, but I know squat about Kubernetes. It’s not officially supported, but if you start a new thread for this new question, someone in the community might be able to help.

Ann

Sure Ann, will do.

Ann, the documentation is wrong. Even if I set connection pools, sonarqube consumes all available connections. Setting up default configs with an unlimited nr of connections is not done to start with.

Hi @Carl_G,

A lot has changed since this thread from 2020.

Please create a new thread with all the details of your situation instead of resurrecting old threads.

:smiley:
Ann