Pull Request Decoration

I have installed SonarQube Developer Edition 8.1 (and just upgraded to 8.2). We are trying to leverage the pull request decoration feature to update the GitHub Pull Request.

The sonar scanner runs and I can see the analysis on the SonarQube side but when I look at the background tasks it shows the warning “Pull request decoration did not happen. Please install Github application on the repository’s organization or user.”.

I can confirm we installed and configured the Github application based on the instructions found under " Decorating Pull Requests".

The documentation talks about a page to configure settings like the app name which I dont see. I cant find this menu Administration > Pull Requests > GitHub > GitHub App name

Hi Sean,

Just so I understand, you are using 8.2 currently? If so, Are you looking at the 8.2 documentation? In 8.2, the Pull Request configuration is done at Administration > Configuration > ALM Integration.

Let me know if this helps,
Mike

Yep, that is where I configured things and then I put the repository name in the project’s Pull Request Decoration section of the general settings.

Could you please check for more details about the error in your server logs? Specifically in the file logs/ce.log.
One possible cause for the error is that the application token you configured isn’t valid.

Looks like there is some certificate issue. Not sure where I need to register the certificate to communicate with GIT. I already registered the private key as part of the ALM setup.

The error indicates it failed to request /repos/org/reponame/installation (where org and reponame are our specific company and repo name)

This is the exception it is throwing:

javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException: PKIX path building failed: sun.security.provider.certpath.SunCertPathBuilderException: unable to find valid certification path to requested target

I’m looking at where the trusted root CA is configured now

Hi SonarQube Team,
I am not sure is this issue fixed.
I am facing same issue what mentioend here Please can someone help how to fix this certificate issue. This is blocker for us now.

Please can someone who fixed help on this

Hello, please post your logs.
You’ll probably need to import certificates to the JRE used to run SonarQube.