Project Search on SonarQube Community version

Must-share information (formatted with Markdown):

• which versions are you using (SonarQube, Scanner, Plugin, and any relevant extension)
    –6.7.2
  • what are you trying to achieve
    – Project search on SonarQube
  • what have you tried so far to achieve this
    – No clue

Consider I have some 20 projects with Prefix as “TR.” when i try to search for the project as an user and type in TR. i see only 4 projects showing up.
When i login as admin and then try to search for projects i see all the 20 projects. With this being said users are not able to find their projects even when searched by full project name with prefix “TR.”

Hi,

seems the users do not have Browse / See Source Code permissions for the missing projects.
If your Sonarqube projects use some kind of namespace, you should use permission templates,
so permissions get automatically assigned when project is created.
Check the project permissions and if using permission templates already check configured regex.

Gilbert

1 Like

Gilbert,
Thanks for reply. As an administrator i am not able to see all the projects when i tried searching with prefix. I did make sure that sonar administrators have browse access on all the projects.
If i need use regex i tried using TR.* and this did not help me too.

please suggest

Hi,

generally you should consider updating your Sonarqube instance to the latest LTS Version, see
https://www.sonarqube.org/downloads/
Your post doesn’t reveal if it’s the search via search bar (hotkey ‘s’) or via project management
There have been some glitches with partial search by project key
https://jira.sonarsource.com/browse/SONAR-10230
What i would do is
log in with the builtin admin user, default is user = admin, password = admin and check the permissions of the projects you expect to see. I presume you’ve created an admin group and your user is member of that group, maybe the global permissions of that group are not sufficient !?
see .../admin/permissions

The regex is only relevant if your are using permission templates, not for the search via search bar or
project management.

Gilbert

1 Like