Project requires multiple scanners

Must-share information (formatted with Markdown):

• which versions are you using (SonarQube, Scanner, Plugin, and any relevant extension)
    ** Version: 7.9.1.27448

• what are you trying to achieve
    ** Analyze a project with both Groovy and dotnet core source code, we can use use Sonarscanner for Gradle to analyze Groovy, and Sonarscaner for MSBuild to analyze dotnet core. And we would like to analyze both during the build (using the same project key)

• what have you tried so far to achieve this
    If we configure two different key, we can see the analysis results. However, we would like to see one report.

1 Like

Hello @lsong,
actually, this should be the default behavior of SonarQube.
SonarQube looks for the file extension and chooses the corresponding analyzer.
So for .java is uses the Java analyzer and for .js the JavaScript analyzer is used.
The results of each analyzer are combined in the SonarQube project. It works for several of our projects on SonarQube 8.2.

Please check if you have set the analysis parameter sonar.language either on the command line or in the sonar-project.properties file.
This parameter restricts the analysis to only 1 analyzer and might cause the behavior you encounter.

Matthias, thank you. Based on the documentation, the setting is deprecated since SQ 4.5. ‘Set the language of the source code to analyze. Browse the plugin Library page to get the list of all available languages. If not set, a multi-language analysis will be triggered.’

I have this exact same issue. I am trying to analyze a .net project using the msbuild dot net analyzer. It works perfectly. However, I also have a plugin that we’re required to use that only works with the sonarqube CLI to pull in vulnerability data from our 3rd party security scanner. Individually they both work, when run as part of the same build pushing to the same project, the last one run in the pipeline wins and the data from the other gets erased (and the project thinks it’s an xml project since the cli cannot be used for .net code).

Is there any way to have the second one run append it’s data to the scan or combine the results of the two scans?

I have a similar problem aswell.