Problem with ES

Hey!

My Sonarqube is installed as a docker Swarm

When disk space is less than 90% I get errors in projects:

java.lang.IllegalStateException: Unrecoverable indexation failures: 1 errors among 1 requests

How can i change this option into container?

full output:

java.lang.IllegalStateException: Unrecoverable indexation failures: 1 errors among 1 requests
	at org.sonar.server.es.IndexingListener$1.onFinish(IndexingListener.java:39)
	at org.sonar.server.es.BulkIndexer.stop(BulkIndexer.java:122)
	at org.sonar.server.measure.index.ProjectMeasuresIndexer.doIndex(ProjectMeasuresIndexer.java:158)
	at org.sonar.server.measure.index.ProjectMeasuresIndexer.indexOnAnalysis(ProjectMeasuresIndexer.java:82)
	at org.sonar.ce.task.projectanalysis.step.IndexAnalysisStep.execute(IndexAnalysisStep.java:45)
	at org.sonar.ce.task.step.ComputationStepExecutor.executeStep(ComputationStepExecutor.java:81)
	at org.sonar.ce.task.step.ComputationStepExecutor.executeSteps(ComputationStepExecutor.java:72)
	at org.sonar.ce.task.step.ComputationStepExecutor.execute(ComputationStepExecutor.java:59)
	at org.sonar.ce.task.projectanalysis.taskprocessor.ReportTaskProcessor.process(ReportTaskProcessor.java:81)
	at org.sonar.ce.taskprocessor.CeWorkerImpl$ExecuteTask.executeTask(CeWorkerImpl.java:209)
	at org.sonar.ce.taskprocessor.CeWorkerImpl$ExecuteTask.run(CeWorkerImpl.java:191)
	at org.sonar.ce.taskprocessor.CeWorkerImpl.findAndProcessTask(CeWorkerImpl.java:158)
	at org.sonar.ce.taskprocessor.CeWorkerImpl$TrackRunningState.get(CeWorkerImpl.java:133)
	at org.sonar.ce.taskprocessor.CeWorkerImpl.call(CeWorkerImpl.java:85)
	at org.sonar.ce.taskprocessor.CeWorkerImpl.call(CeWorkerImpl.java:53)
	at com.google.common.util.concurrent.TrustedListenableFutureTask$TrustedFutureInterruptibleTask.runInterruptibly(TrustedListenableFutureTask.java:125)
	at com.google.common.util.concurrent.InterruptibleTask.run(InterruptibleTask.java:69)
	at com.google.common.util.concurrent.TrustedListenableFutureTask.run(TrustedListenableFutureTask.java:78)
	at java.base/java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Unknown Source)
	at java.base/java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(Unknown Source)
	at java.base/java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.run(Unknown Source)
	at java.base/java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(Unknown Source)
	at java.base/java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source)
	at java.base/java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Hi @cryptoparty ,

can you share your es.log file and clarify exactly when you are getting this issue?

this error is expected if the used disk space is over 90% of the available storage as a precaution. as this is a elasticsearch setting, you can change it using this reference from elastic and add the additional configuration to the property sonar.search.javaAdditionalOpts or via the representing environment variable.

That was my question, can I do this without changing the config inside the volume? Through curl?

I think this is not possible within ES. they do provide a REST API and you should be able to work with it from within the container (es binds to localhost inside the container), but i think these properties are not changeable via this API

Thanks u anyway for feedback!