Pipe: sonarsource/sonarcloud-quality-gate:0.1.4 automatically generate artifacts and store in Bitbucket in a default path

Hi
the pipe : pipe: sonarsource/sonarcloud-quality-gate:0.1.4 automatically generate artifacts and store them in Bitbucket in a default path, I came across the artifacts. However, the were logs instead of any useful artifacts. My question is how to disable the artifacts being generated or how to configure the default path? I don’t find any variables that can disable the artifacts or control the path. this is the link to the pipe →

thanks
James

Hey @james

I suppose you’re talking about the .sonar folder?

The path of this folder can be controlled by sonar.working.directory (see this documentation)

Hi @Colin
thank you for your quick response. i am not talking about the sonar folder, I am talking about the artifacts that generated from the sonarscan pipe(Bitbucket) during the pipeline. the full path is …/artifact_50d398db-9c21-40e3-9768-d6cf8ebe30d5.tar\artifact_50d398db-9c21-40e3-9768-d6cf8ebe30d5.bitbucket\pipelines\generated\pipeline\pipes\sonarsource\sonarcloud-scan . the pipe only provides four variables and none of them can be used to override the path. thank you

James

Hey @fjiang-aamc

We’ve created a ticket internally to investigate why the artifacts are being published and if it’s needed. I don’t have an ETA to share riight now.

Hi @Colin
thank you very much, please let me know what you find out.

Best,
Fei

@Colin
Hi, How are you ? Happy new year! is there any updates about this topic ? thank you.

Best,
Fei

Hey @fjiang-aamc

Happy New Year! No update to share at this time.

@Colin
Are there any updates about this topic ? My team is waiting for this, thank you

Best,
Fei

Hey @fjiang-aamc

With just one report of this, and seemingly minor impact, it’s not on our priority list at the moment. If you can help us know what impact it’s having on you / your team (beyond perhaps being a nuisance), that would help.

Hi @Colin
This issue is currently affecting our productiton development. Our production development happens one time per month, so the artifact, which publishes by SonarPipe, always expired and we have to do some
hot-fix in our bitbucket pipeline to bypass this issue. thank you

Best,
Fei

HI @Colin
Are there any updates on this ticket? our team is waiting on that. it is really a pain point for our team, thank you for your cooperation.

HI @Colin
good morning. my team is waiting for this? do you have any updates regarding this issue? thank you

Best
Fei

Hi
the pipe : pipe: sonarsource/sonarcloud-scan:1.2.1 automatically generates logs and saves them in Bitbucket as artifacts. My question is how to disable the artifacts being generated or how to configure the default path? I don’t find any exposed variables that can be used to disable the artifacts or change the path.
please kindly refer to the logs which were generated by pipe: sonarsource/sonarcloud-scan
sonarcloud-scan.log (12.7 KB)

Hi,

The artifact you’ve shared is a standard, stdout analysis log. There’s no way to turn off logging completely, and if you ever run into any problems with analysis, you’re going to want that log for the first steps in diagnosing the problem.

Ann