Old Code PR issue is reflecting on New code PR

Hi Team ,
I have being integrated the Sonarqube scanner gradle plugin version 3.2.0 for the sonar analysis in my project. After successful integration it has been observed that the PR contain some issues/bug which is not related to any of the files change in current PR and still they are coming in the analysis report.
I am using latest Sobarqube version 9.5 but still the issue are the same.
Please suggest any workaround for this issue.

Hi,

Welcome to the community!

You haven’t given a tremendous amount to go on here. How about some details about these extra issues?

Ann

Hi ,
For more detail and explanation , I have my android project in which i integrate the sonarqube scanner , everything is going fine . The only thing that troubled me is that ,I can see the Code smells issues on each of my raised Pull Request(PR) branch against some Main Branch but i was wondering that those code smells or issues are haven’t been changed recently or event not part of my PR.
For example : If i have created XXX PR branch , which has 10 Code smells in 5 different classed .
But out of these 5 classes only 3 are changes by me in my XXX PR and rest of the 2 classes are from any older PR but still in my sonar analysis report the issues related to this 2 classes are being displayed .
I havent done anything new here, just integrate the SonarQube and did the change in Quality Gate as per code standard requirement .
Please let me know , what other detail you need to understand the issue .
Thanks ,
Abhay

Hi Abhay,

Can you share the full analysis of your PR?

The analysis / scanner log is what’s output from the analysis command. Hopefully, the log you provide - redacted as necessary - will include that command as well.

This guide will help you find them.

Ann