New user here, having problems with an ASP.NET project. I’ve had success with a couple C#.net projects, but this one is baffling me.
- SonarQube 7.4 (build 18908) Community Edition
- Scanner version sonar-scanner-msbuild-188.8.131.521-net46 and is named SonarScanner.MSBuild.exe
- MSBuild 14.0
- I run the begin step successfully
- The MSBuild step runs against the sln file with warnings but no errors and the output is built into a PrecompiledWebsite\ directory which is created in the same directory where I ran the begin and MSBuild
- The end step runs and I get the generic 4-part error:
The SonarQube MSBuild integration failed: SonarQube was unable to collect the required information about your projects.
- The project has not been built - the project must be built in between the begin and end steps
- An unsupported version of MSBuild has been used to build the project. Currently MSBuild 14.0 and 15.0 are supported
- The begin, build and end steps have not all been launched from the same folder
- None of the analyzed projects have a valid ProjectGuid and you have not used a solution (.sln)
Generation of the sonar-properties file failed. Unable to complete SonarQube analysis.
I know parts 1 and 3 are good. Part 2 should be good since I’m using MSBuild 14.0. I built using the .sln file, so #4 should be fine. Also for #4, there’s only one “project” file, a .publishproj, and it has a populated ProjectGuid tag.
If I look in .sonarqube\out\ProjectInfo.log, there aren’t any projects listed. I’m assuming it’s not detecting that a project was built, but I don’t know what it’s missing to be able to pick it up.
Does anyone have any insight into what might be going on?