No data from Sonar Cloud - strange behaviour (Bitbucket, CircleCI)

Details

• ALM used - Bitbucket Cloud
  • CI system used - Circle CI
  • Languages of the repository - Kotlin, Java

Hi everyone,

I hope this message finds you well. I’m reaching out because I’m encountering some strange behaviour with our setup involving Bitbucket, CircleCI, and Sonar Cloud.

Here’s the issue I’m facing:

1. When I push a new branch to the server for the first time, CircleCI triggers the pipeline as expected, and the Sonar task runs. However, although I can see my branch listed under the “Branches” section in the Sonar UI, when I click on it, I don’t see any analysis results.
  2. Similarly, if I push another commit to the same branch, the behaviour is exactly the same. The pipeline triggers, the Sonar task runs, and in the Sonar Cloud UI, I see “Last analysis 5 minutes ago,” but there are no analysis results displayed - just a dash in the coverage section.
  3. When I create a pull request, the pipeline doesn’t trigger, and Sonar doesn’t run. However, in Bitbucket, I see empty data from Sonar Cloud, even though Bitbucket displays this as a green light for merge.
  4. Subsequently, when I make another commit to the same branch, which is now under a pull request, the pipeline triggers, Sonar runs, and the Sonar data appears - coverage, issues, etc.

Could anyone offer some guidance on what might be misconfigured here? Why are there no data upon the initial push of a new branch to the server?

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance!

Hey there.

For these two cases, it sounds like you’ll have to dig into (or share) your scanner logs (ideally at DEBUG level, setting the analysis parameter sonar.verbose=true) from the CircleCI orb to understand why you don’t see data.