New Code Vs Overall Code

Hi, I’m having trouble understanding “New Code” Vs “Overall Code”

• Will the data displayed in the “New Code” be summed with the “Overalcode”?

• Is the data presented in the “New Code” already added to the “Overall Code”?

• Is the data presented in the “New Code” already current data? In other words, if you create a new Pull Request, will the New Code be the “Overalcode” after a new Pull Request?

• If I make a PR of any modification, is the new analysis that appears in New Code for the entire project or only for the change?

Thank you for your attention.

1 Like

Hi,

Welcome to the community!

Overall Code is all code, both old and new.
New Code is code added or updates since the New Code Period started.

So, yes, data presented in the New Code tab is already integrated into the Overall Code values.

For a pull request, you should only see the New Code tab. Only the code changed in the PR is evaluated in that context.

Does this help?
Ann

1 Like

Hi Ann,
Does it mean if we create quality gate condition for overall code will it be applicable to new code by default?
Ex. I’m setting this.
On overall code- Fail if the vulnerabilities is more than 0 . If we set this will it be applicable to New code as well by default?
Or I should create another condition like
On New code : Fail if the vulnerabilities is more than zero ? As well

It’s our project requirement that we need to setup quality to check condition only for vulnerabilities at present…none others measures should be added in the condition to fail the build.

Hi @IlaiyaRaja,

Welcome to the community!

It depends on what you’re after. If you’re doing PR analysis, conditions on overall code won’t be applied; you’ll need one on New Code. But If you’re just looking at main/branch analysis, a single condition on overall code will be sufficient.

HTH,
Ann

1 Like

Do we have focus on new code bugs to resolve or overall code bug also needs to be resolve?

Hi @Shweta_Vakhariya,

This question deserves its own thread.

Ann