"new code" definition for "application"

Hello,

We are using SonarQube Enterprise 8.9.10.61524.

We’ve just aggregated 40+ modules into an Application and we had some questions about “new code”.

1. I couldn’t find any setting to define the “new code” interval - is there such a thing?
  2. If not (there’s no way to define the interval) - how is the “new code” interval defined then? (instance default is “previous version” but in this case there’s no previous version)

Basically, what we’re interested in is aggregating scan results for multiple modules and being able to define the “new code” definition to a specific date interval - is this possible.

Thanks!

Hi,

Your version is past EOL. You should upgrade to either the latest version or the current LTS at your earliest convenience. Your upgrade path is:

8.9.10 → 9.9.1 → 10.1 (last step optional)

You may find these resources helpful:

If you have questions about upgrading, feel free to open a new thread for that here.

Regarding your question, the New Code of an application is the aggregated New Code of the underlying projects. If you want to change what’s in the application, you’ll need to change the projects.

Ann

Thank you for your reply.

So you’re saying that if, for example, I were to set the “new code” interval to August 1st 2023 → August 20th 2023 for all the modules that are part of my “application”, the application’s “new code” will also become August 1st to August 20th?

Thanks

Hi,

We can talk through this once your upgrade is complete.

:smiley:
Ann

Does 9.9.1 provide a totally revamped / re-thought “new code” concept vs 8.9.10? Otherwise, I’m not sure how is the upgrade part relevant to my question…

We are definitely planning to upgrade, but out of the two things (aggregate 40 modules into an app, upgrade) the “aggregate” thing will happen first :slight_smile:

If it makes it easier, we can pretend we are already using 9.9.1 and you can answer my question (please) within that context (even if your answer doesn’t apply to 8.9.10).

Thanks