Hello, I need to integrate sonarqube that resides on google cloud, as soon we trigger a ci/cd pipeline the sonarqube analyze our code and generate a report.
- we push or make a PR on our github repo
- gcp cicd pipeline gets triggered
- sonarqube analyzes our repo and generates reports
I have tried with several solutions for this, but i am not able to make it work, either sonarqube doesn’t initializes or else if it does, i cant make it work with our github repo.
I am totally new to google cloud and sonarqube, so i may need step by step guide for the same.
Please help me solve this issue.
Welcome to the community!
I don’t have a step-by-step guide to Google Cloud + SonarQube to give you. Since you’re new to both, can I suggest that you take them one at a time? Master getting SonarQube spun up in an environment you understand. Then move it to GCP.
The docs should get you started.
Thankyou so much for your reply.
I somehow managed to get started with sonarqube on gcp.
What I did:
- used bitnami sonarqube package
- bitnami made it simple, and deployed a sonarqube community edition on a vm instance on google compute engine
- now sonarqube is deployed and i am with sonarqube, where i can login and manage sonarqube features, etc.
Now, what I want is that I need to connect to the sonarube using my cloud-build.yaml file commands.
I need sonarqube to scan my specified repo and generates results whenever my build is triggered on google cloud build.
Can you help me with that ?
What’s your CI? Have you checked the docs for guidance? Have you tried using the in-product project onboarding? It should give you the CI setup…