Need developer trial license

This is PATHETIC!!! If you are going to splatter “Developer Trial License” offers all over your Pricing page, you should make it a company policy to respond to requests for the license within at the VERY MOST 24 hours! Very POOR service :-(((

Hi @Tom
My colleague replied to your request by email, on 19th of January.
Can you check your spam folder? and reply to her for your trial key?
Thanks

1 Like

Hi Carine,

Thanks for the reply, apparently the entire company was away for 3 days, is that right??

Natalia contacted me via email to arrange a meeting for “a quick sync with you and understand the requirement and how Sonar can fit”. I don’t want a chat about the “fit” thanks. I want a trial licence so that I can actually judge for myself how useful the product is and whether it “fits” functionally with what we require.

Once that has been established, I can speak to someone about the specifics of licence types.

Thanks.

Hi @Tom can you just reply to her directly by email?
That will ease the communication afterward.
Thanks a lot

1 Like

Done that - got an automated response

Still nothing! Can you get me the trial licence key asap pls. The server id is: 7F9F26D9-AYXFPLAcxDnKmR-QglTH

Are you able to assist pls? I work for a large institution. Potentially we want to pay you money for your product…

Can you PLS get this trial licence over to me asap, so that I can trial your product. I feel I shouldn’t have to work THIS hard to get a functioning trial of YOUR product. Thank you!

***************** UPDATE 14:17 GMT 23/01/23 ************************
They now want me to wait until tmrw to “have a conversation”. What an UTTER FARCE. Forget it, this company obv. don’t need our business, and aren’t prepared to actually listen, and this is before they’ve even made a sale, so how bad would it be once they’ve actually had our money?? I’ll find something else; thanks for nothing.

***************** UPDATE 11:20 GMT 24/01/23 ************************
After some debate about whether they would send me the Developer Licence before having a conversation with me in person(!), I was finally sent one and am now able to trial the product.

Although one of Sonar’s Global Account Manager’s did eventually manage to provide a licence, it seems to me that Sonar are putting the cart before the horse and making this process really tiresome and demotivating for potential new customers.

I wonder how many simply give up, I’m guessing a good few.

Hi @Tom,

Welcome to the community!

I’ve moved your posts - and the replies - to a new thread because the one you had resurrected was over a year old. I know it seemed related, but per the F.A.Q. we prefer a new thread when the old one is >2mo old.

To answer your question, yes the entire company was away for 3d. It happens once a year. Sorry your requests hit in that time. Typically responses on the sales side are quite timely. As opposed to here in the community, where there’s really no SLA at all.

That said, we really need you to keep it civil.

Hope your trial is going well. Feel free to open new threads if you have specific questions about SonarQube or running analysis.

Ann

My experience may have been as a result of the annual event, but that in itself isn’t really an excuse. It also doesn’t address the issue of there being a lot of needless bureaucracy simply to obtain a 15 day trial - (yes that is 15 DAYs, not weeks we’re quibbling over here!).

I stick by my original complaint, which is that if you are going to emblazon your website with PR spiel about how easy it is to access and trial your product, you need to deliver on that, and do it in a timely fashion, no matter what time of year it is, or how many of you have inexplicably disappeared en masse.

In addition I’d like to add that the tone of my posts was as a direct result of my frustration, and I deliberately opted for that tone because I wanted that frustration to be very apparent to everyone reading them. At no time did I use obscene language, and if me choosing language that accurately conveys that frustration has crossed some arbitrary etiquette boundary, I’m afraid that’s just tough.

If the aim of the rules and guidelines is to sanitise every complaint made about the way you conduct your business and community forums, then you can expect me not to adhere to them, not now, not ever. You don’t get to offer an inadequate service and remain aloof from the repercussions.

Have a good day.

So, in unlisting this thread you quite clearly have a public relations agenda, which only confirms what I already suspected, which is that you aren’t at all interested in the completely valid points I (and, by the way other people, over a year ago) have made.

Instead opting to fall back on the time-honoured tactic of vilifying the complainant by suggesting that their frustration “over-stepped the mark”.

It’s total nonsense of course.

SonarQube DO need to change the way they promote and deliver Developer Licences, and furthermore as an individual invigilator, and as a company entire, you can’t really object to me (or anyone else for that matter), using the forums as a way of expressing frustration with the failings of the company, when that is realistically THE ONLY WAY to receive any form of support!!

Hi, Can I get the Developer Trial License?. I submitting the form and sending message via Contact-us. Nothing helps.

Hi @Vignesh_M,

Welcome to the community!

Did you use a commercial email address? If so, you should be hearing from someone soon.

Ann

Thanks for your prompt response!. I am using Organisation Email Address only and waiting for two days.