Must-share information (formatted with Markdown):
- which versions are you using (SonarQube, Scanner, Plugin, and any relevant extension)
- what are you trying to achieve
Planning to upgrade the Sonarqube version from 5.6.6 to 6.7.6
- what have you tried so far to achieve this
- We have tried to upgrade the sonarqube server but ran with the errors as mentioned in the ticket Link
- We tried with several possibility to get the upgrade done successfully but with no luck
a. Increased the max open files count, ulimit, swappiness, mem in application for sonarapp user
sysctl -w vm.max_map_count=262144
sysctl -w fs.file-max=65536
ulimit -n 65536
ulimit -u 2048 as per the link
b. So SonarQube doc says MySQL is not recommended for large DBs… can you confirm
62775.9(DB size) - 51082.41(Project_measures size) is considerably so high for not able to manage?
c. We tried with this upgrade path: 5.6.6 -> 5.6.7 LTS -> 6.7.x LTS but no luck
d. We tried to cleanup the obsolete project more than 1 year and i dont see much difference post cleanup of project in database size
e. Currently we are having the count of 1166 active projects and LOC count of 22275656
Need your confirmation if the above is not feasible for Mysql community version and also plan to go with Oracle if it will work there in the DB
As per the pricing model, link which edition will be compatible for us to upgrade further.
Need point of contact to discuss further more details about proposal plan and architecture to be proposed for our environment.