Multiple language scan issue for sonar 7.7

Hi,

We have Sonarqube version 7.7. We have given the below properties in jenkins job configuration and we have .sh, .bash and .xml files in our repository configured. We could see only .xml files getting scanned and other files not available in sonar. Kindly advise on this.

#sonar.login=
#sonar.password=
sonar.projectKey=xxx
sonar.projectName=xx
sonar.projectVersion=${BUILD_NUMBER}
sonar.sources=.
sonar.java.binaries=.
sonar.sourceEncoding=UTF-8

Thanks & Regards,
Gokila Balakrishnan.

Hi,

Can someone help me on this issue to get resolved?

Thanks & Regards,
Gokila Balakrishnan.

Hi,

We have Sonarqube version 7.7. We have given the below properties in jenkins job configuration and we have .sh, .bash and .xml files in our repository configured. We could see only .xml files getting scanned and other files not available in sonar. Kindly advise on this.

#sonar.login=
#sonar.password=
sonar.projectKey=xxx
sonar.projectName=xx
sonar.projectVersion=${BUILD_NUMBER}
sonar.sources=.
sonar.java.binaries=.
sonar.sourceEncoding=UTF-8

Thanks & Regards,
Gokila Balakrishnan.

Hi Gokila,

I’ve merged your topics since they ask the same question. Please be patient; there’s no one whose full time job is monitoring & helping in the community.

You’re concerned that your bash & .sh files aren’t being analyzed. SonarQube doesn’t support such analysis natively. Have in installed a 3rd-party plugin that would add that support?

Ann

Hi,

I could find sonar shellcheck plugin for analysing .sh files. It is already installed in our sonar but still the .sh files not getting scanned. Please advise.

Thanks & Regards,
Gokila Balakrishnan.

Hi Gokila,

Your first steps are to make sure the file extension is recognized for the language (dig around in your Administrative settings) and that the relevant files should be included in your analysis (i.e. they’re included in what’s defined for sonar.sources and not part of an exclusion pattern).

Ann