Hello C++ developers,
This is a second post related to the C++17 standard following the first announcement related to it in Dec 2020.
We continued our journey toward a good coverage of the C++17 standard and added 5 new rules.
- S6026: “auto” should be used for non-type template parameter
- S6010: “std::path” should be used correctly
- S6029: Exception specifications should be treated as part of the type
- S6000: “std::visit” should be used
- S6020: The “_t” and “_v” version of type traits should be used instead of “::type” and “::value”
That’s it? No. A third release is coming and you can follow its progress here.
Nothing related to C++17, we also added 2 additional security rules:
- S4790: Using weak hashing algorithms is security-sensitive
- S1313: Using hardcoded IP addresses is security-sensitive
These rules are available now on SonarCloud and will be included in SonarQube 8.7 Developer Edition.