Monorepo support for automatic analysis

Are there any plans to add monorepo support to SonarCloud in automatic analysis mode? We’ve been using CI analysis for our various monorepos in GitHub, but as we’ve added more, we’re burning through our GitHub Actions quota.

Hi there, welcome back!

Can you give us some examples of repos (mix of languages and layout) where monorepo support would help you?

Our apps are a mix of ReactJS for the UI, then .NET Core for API, background services etc. We organise our repos like this, regardless of the language type:

app1
...devops
......app1.k8s.deployment.yml
...src
......App1.Project1
......App1.Project2
...tests
......App1.Tests
app2
...devops
......app2.k8s.deployment.yml
...src
......App2.Project1
......App2.Project2
......App2.Project3
...tests
......App2.Tests
shared
...src
......CodeSharedByApp1AndApp2.Project1
......CodeSharedByApp1AndApp2.Project2
...tests
......CodeSharedByApp1AndApp2.Tests

So, we would like to be able to break down our SonarCloud reporting by application i.e. app1 and app2. I’m not too fussed on how shared code usage is reported - it could be rolled up into the individual apps, or reported separately. If we’re using DevEx tools like Atlassian Compass or Backstage to view the health of our applications, then not being able to break out the individual apps in a mono repo means we’re not getting an accurate view of the health of those apps.

OK, I see.

I will record this in our system so we can evaluate it for future consideration.

Denis