we have problems with the code coverage displayed in Sonar Cloud for an Android project written in kotlin.
Jacoco report (XML file) is generated, but somehow it’s not uploaded to Sonar Cloud or is uploaded incorrectly - Sonar Cloud still shows 0% of the code coverage.
We use Azure DevOps pipelines as our CI.
- in our project we use custom jacoco gradle task for building jacoco reports,
- an output of unit tests in form of an *.exec file is generated as expected,
- the jacoco report in form of XML file is generated correctly and the coverage is not zero (see below),
<counter type="INSTRUCTION" missed="68078" covered="12314"/> <counter type="BRANCH" missed="3198" covered="306"/> <counter type="LINE" missed="11687" covered="1260"/> <counter type="COMPLEXITY" missed="5022" covered="812"/> <counter type="METHOD" missed="3354" covered="702"/> <counter type="CLASS" missed="834" covered="339"/>
- in our Azure DevOps build pipeline we have added the following tasks:
Prepare Analysis Configuration
Publish Quality Gate Result
- “Prepare Analysis Configuration” contains some advanced properties. One of them is a path to the jacoco report
We are not sure if the XML file is correctly uploaded correctly - is there a possibility to preview the uploaded XML file on Sonar Cloud?
Do you have any hint what should we check? We’re running out of ideas…