Métric number of lines of code for e function

Hello,
SonarQube returns a metrtic by a rule (c:S138 Functions/methods should not have too many lines) but this metrics take into account the comment lines and the lines without instructions. Is there a metric which computes the number of the code lines only without the comment lines and blanck lines ?
Thanks a lot.
Fréderic.

Hello @FredAubert,

I apologize for the late reply.

Your request totally makes sense and we have a ticket to track it. We will try to handle it soon. Feel free to watch the ticket for updates.

Thanks,

1 Like

Hello Sabra,
The ticket CPP-1689 has the status Unresolved but the issue linked MMF-571 is closed.
What does that mean ?
Is the rule updated with the use of LocC ?
How can I get this updated ?
Thanks a lot.
Frédéric.

Hi @FredAubert,

The issue should be fixed in SonarQube’s next release.

How can I get this updated ?

When a new SonarQube version is released, you should update your SonarQube instance to get the fix.

Thanks,

Thanks,

Hello, thank you for your answer.
The fix version for this bug (CPP-1689) is 6.2 but I see the latest version of SonarQube is 8.2, so does this version of SonarQube fix this bug?
Thank you.

@FredAubert,

it is 6.20, not 6.2. I know it might be confusing.

Thanks,

Ah ok ! But the last version of SonarQube is 8.8 so what is this version 6.20, I don’t understand.
Thanks

Hello @FredAubert,

Each SQ version comes with plugins for different languages. 6.20 refers to the plugin version. 6.20 version should be part of SonarQube next release. When you run the scanner you can see the plugins versions:
for example:

NFO: Sensor CFamily [cpp]
INFO: CFamily plugin version: 6.21.0.31320

Hello Sabra,
Thank you so much
Frédéric.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.