Mail settings set via sonar.properties are not displayed in UI

If you set email-related settings like these

email.smtp_host.secured=postfix
email.smtp_port.secured=25
email.from=sonarqube@test.com
email.prefix=[SONARQUBE6.7.6]

in the SonarQube 6.7.6 sonar.properties file and restart it, they are not displayed in the Settings menu. There you will find only the default values. However SonarQube is using the settings from the sonar.properties file internally, which can be checked by using the “configuration test” option in the “E-Mail” section of the settings menu.

Hi @robertauer,

These settings are not supposed to be used in sonar.properties => Only the system settings described in this file should be set.
You need to use the UI/WS to specify standard settings.

Regards,
Julien Lancelot

2 Likes

Why are the setting names presented to the administrator in the UI then?

Hello

will this be modified for 8.x so that we can configure/enforce SMTP (or any) “standard” settings from sonar.properties file?

It is a must have for proper configuration as code when deploying sonarqube

Hi everybody,

has there been any change to this described issue? I wasn’t able to make the settings either, SMTP settings are not shown in the GUI (ADMIN) when setting them in /opt/sonarcube/conf/sonar.properties. And I strongly agree with @scm_invn that this is required to achieve proper configuration as code.

Background:

• I’m running Community Docker image 9.0.1-community where a customized properties file has been copied into the $HOME/conf folder

What does WS stand for?

Thanks for asking, indeed, using acronyms is not always a good idea, so I’ve used WS to talked about
Web Services!