- What version are you upgrading from?
- The upgrade process was from version 8.8 to version 8.9, finally to 9.9
- System information:
- sonarqube 9.9.1-developer running with docker-compose (I can provide the docker-compose.yml but at this point I see no benefit in that).
- Ubuntu 20.04 64-Bit
- containerd 1.6.21
- docker 24.02
- docker-compose 1.29.0
- postgres 12
What’s the issue you’re facing?
After doing a “staging” upgrade on a cloned instance of the productive sonarqube instance (cloned the virtual machine in VMware vCenter) and doing the real upgrade of the productive instance, the “License Manager” in admin configuration section displays a much higher “lines currently analyzed” number then before the upgrade (around two times the original value).
The value showing before the upgrade was around 480k LOC, this I know for sure, because at that point we had the 500K license active and luckily because of being close to the limit, we updated our license to the 1M developer license.
The interesting part is that in the cloned instance the “lines currently analyzed” value was around the previous 480k value, so apparently counting correctly.
What I did so far, to try solving the issue:
- powering off the clone and restarting the original/productive instance of sonarqube → no change in LOC count
- powering the clone back on and removing/deleting all projects, the “lines currently analyzed” value in the clone was then showing 0 (zero)