Load average issue since upgrade sonarqube 8 LTS to last 9 version in community licence

Hello,

We moved last week from 8.9 LTS version to latest 9.7, we are with “Community License”.
Since this upgrade, we have a lot of slowing issue on our other component on the same server.
We are using docker (Docker version 20.10.21, build baeda1f) hosted on Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server release 7.9 (Maipo) on server 4 cpu 31Go ram & 16 Go of swap.
We have in the database more than 8 MLOC.

I know we have plenty of containers on this docker machine (not a cluster) but, there was no issue before the upgrade of it.

This is below some information about my setup.

"LANG=en_US.UTF-8",
"LANGUAGE=en_US:en",
"LC_ALL=en_US.UTF-8",
"JAVA_HOME=/usr/lib/jvm/java-11-openjdk",
"SONARQUBE_HOME=/opt/sonarqube",
"SONAR_VERSION=9.7.1.62043",
"SQ_DATA_DIR=/opt/sonarqube/data",
"SQ_EXTENSIONS_DIR=/opt/sonarqube/extensions",
"SQ_LOGS_DIR=/opt/sonarqube/logs",
"SQ_TEMP_DIR=/opt/sonarqube/temp"
sonar.web.javaOpts=-Xmx512m -Xms128m -XX:+HeapDumpOnOutOfMemoryError -Djava.net.preferIPv4Stack=true -Djdk.http.auth.tunneling.disabledSchemes=""

Note: containers on the same server on docker : GitLab, SonarQube Postgres database, nexus.

We already plan to change our architecture, but until we will do it, I would like to know if some SonarQube parameters can give me fresh air until we will split our system.

If someone have an idea, thanks in advance.

Regards,

1 Like

Hey there.

Not a Docker expert – but if the resource demands of one container knock down the others… doesn’t that defeat the purpose of having your applications containerized? :smiley: For that reason, I’m a bit cautious to say that SonarQube is the problem here.

If you shut down SonarQube, do the other containers come back to your performance expectations?

We found the problem. There was another instance hiden of sonarqube.

Sorry for this post

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.