java.lang.IllegalStateException: Unrecoverable indexation failures: 1 errors among 1 requests. Check Elasticsearch logs for further details

Just upgraded to 9.2 inside my Azure App Service Plan. I did update the database, but now I’m getting this error on some Projects coming through DevOps Builds:

java.lang.IllegalStateException: Unrecoverable indexation failures: 1 errors among 1 requests. Check Elasticsearch logs for further details.
at org.sonar.server.es.IndexingListener$1.onFinish(IndexingListener.java:42)
at org.sonar.server.es.BulkIndexer.stop(BulkIndexer.java:131)
at org.sonar.server.measure.index.ProjectMeasuresIndexer.doIndex(ProjectMeasuresIndexer.java:162)
at org.sonar.server.measure.index.ProjectMeasuresIndexer.indexOnAnalysis(ProjectMeasuresIndexer.java:87)
at org.sonar.ce.task.projectanalysis.step.IndexAnalysisStep.execute(IndexAnalysisStep.java:45)
at org.sonar.ce.task.step.ComputationStepExecutor.executeStep(ComputationStepExecutor.java:81)
at org.sonar.ce.task.step.ComputationStepExecutor.executeSteps(ComputationStepExecutor.java:72)
at org.sonar.ce.task.step.ComputationStepExecutor.execute(ComputationStepExecutor.java:59)
at org.sonar.ce.task.projectanalysis.taskprocessor.ReportTaskProcessor.process(ReportTaskProcessor.java:81)
at org.sonar.ce.taskprocessor.CeWorkerImpl$ExecuteTask.executeTask(CeWorkerImpl.java:212)
at org.sonar.ce.taskprocessor.CeWorkerImpl$ExecuteTask.run(CeWorkerImpl.java:194)
at org.sonar.ce.taskprocessor.CeWorkerImpl.findAndProcessTask(CeWorkerImpl.java:160)
at org.sonar.ce.taskprocessor.CeWorkerImpl$TrackRunningState.get(CeWorkerImpl.java:135)
at org.sonar.ce.taskprocessor.CeWorkerImpl.call(CeWorkerImpl.java:87)
at org.sonar.ce.taskprocessor.CeWorkerImpl.call(CeWorkerImpl.java:53)
at com.google.common.util.concurrent.TrustedListenableFutureTask$TrustedFutureInterruptibleTask.runInterruptibly(TrustedListenableFutureTask.java:125)
at com.google.common.util.concurrent.InterruptibleTask.run(InterruptibleTask.java:69)
at com.google.common.util.concurrent.TrustedListenableFutureTask.run(TrustedListenableFutureTask.java:78)
at java.base/java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:515)
at java.base/java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:264)
at java.base/java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.run(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:304)
at java.base/java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1128)
at java.base/java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:628)
at java.base/java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:829)

I have seen this to be an issue with local machines running Sonarqube, but I’m on Azure with a lot of storage space on my App Service plan.

Any particular with Azure App Service setup I should be aware to handle this issue?

Did you check es logs as it mentioned in exception text?

Where in Sonarqube do you check the Elastic Logs?

Good grief. I found the issue. Located the es.log inside the App Service and realized I was running out of space on the current App Service Plan. Upgraded plan. Now working fine.

Just in case someone may be having the same issue, I found my logs under

/System/Volumes/Data/opt/homebrew/var/sonarqube/logs/es.log

And the way I found out about this was through the below command:

sudo find / -name es.log* | less

As shown to me through