Issues vs. xxx issues in the New Code

Hi everyone!

I’m writing the rules for the New Code in the quality gate and a doubt arose in my mind: from the doc I read “Issues (violations): The total count of issues in all states”. In my quality gate for New Code i put Issues is greater than 0. With this parameter, I understand that blocker, major etc… type problems will ALSO be displayed… it’s correct? With this parameter, i don’t have to put xxx issues (xxx_violations) because they are implicitly inside Issues (violation); it’s correct?

If this were not the case, I would like them not to be present in the New Code Blocker and Major issues. then, I have to remove Issues (violations) and put xxx issues (xxx_violations) (?)

anyway, this is my quality gate on the new code

Issues is greater than 0
Security Hotspots Reviewed is less than 100%
Coverage is less than 80.0%
Duplicated Lines (%) is greater than 10.0%
Maintainability Rating is worse than A
Reliability Rating is worse than A
Security Rating is worse than A

Thanks for the reply and your patience! (:

Hi,

If your Quality Gate has a condition for 0 New Issues, that means no issues in new code, regardless of severity, type, impact &etc.

With an “Issues is greater than 0” condition, those conditions on ratings are redundant.

You can simplify this to:

HTH,
Ann

1 Like

Thanks for the reply! Does this “redundancy” thing also apply to Security Rating?
i.e., Issues is greater than 0 also include Security Issues? or only for Maintanibility Rating and Reliability Rating?

Hi,

Yes. Security issues are issues. So ‘0 issues’ covers them too.

HTH,
Ann

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.