Using the community version of Sonarqube, we have upgraded from Sonarqube v6.7.7 to v8.9.8. Our upgrade path was:
v6.7.7 => v7.9.6 => v8.9.8
Open JDK8 => 11 => 11
Potsgres 9.5 => 9.5 => 13
We didn’t get any errors at v7.9.6. But after the upgrade to 8.9.8, the following error message show up when we load the “Issues” screen:
“Results are temporarily unavailable. Indexing of issues is in progress.”
We’re pretty sure the indexation is finished as there are no more background tasks in pending.
We’ve tried to delete the data/es7 to restart the indexation, but we still have the issue.
The exact same upgrade has been done on a second Sonarqube server. We had the same error pop-up on the screen “Issues”, but the re-indexation did work for this one (the db is a lot smaller if that makes any difference)
The “Projects” screen works and we can browse into all the projects to see related issues. Only the “Issues” screen doesn’t work.