Issue analysing code using atmelstudio ( microchip studio ) SonarQube developer edition. ARM Atmel chip

Must-share information (formatted with Markdown):

• which versions are you using (SonarQube, Scanner, Plugin, and any relevant extension)
  • what are you trying to achieve
  • what have you tried so far to achieve this

SonarQube version:

sonarqube-8.1.0.31237 Developer edition and licensed.

SonarQube Scanner version:

SonarQube Scanner 4.2.0.1873

What I try to achive

As team we try to Analyse the source code created in Microchip studio. The cpu used is a atmel arm chip. The program gets compiled using the following command.

What I achieve so far:

Command clean:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Atmel\Studio\7.0 DCU.atsln  /clean debug /out clean_output.txt

Command build:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Atmel\Studio\7.0 DCU.atsln  /build debug /out clean_output.txt

This is executed from within a jenkins workspace folder.
The running command on the Jenkins server

bat "build-wrapper-win-x86-64.exe --out-dir analyse clean.bat"
 bat "build-wrapper-win-x86-64.exe --out-dir analyse build.bat"

It generates the folder

The output of the SonarQube analyzer is:

Its to big to paste, can I upload a file for this?

The problem is

16:50:17.985 ERROR: Error during SonarQube Scanner execution

java.lang.IllegalStateException: The "build-wrapper-dump.json" file was found but 0 C/C++/Objective-C files were analyzed. Please make sure that:

In the other project we use the xc8 compiler using GCC and this works.

The only big diffrence is now that we use the build / clean using atmelstudio exe
Where should we look to solve this problem?build_sonarqube_log_anaylzer.txt (40.2 KB)

Updated the post:

Added the output log.

Hi @ralphvbair ,

we currently don’t support Microchip compilers, see the related ticket: CPP-2569. I added your request to the ticket.

@mpaladin
The compiler used in this project is arm-none-eabi-g++.exe. Only its build from within microchip and atmel studio.
This project isnt compiled with XC8.

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Atmel\Studio\7.0\toolchain\arm\arm-gnu-toolchain\bin\arm-none-eabi-g++.exe" -mthumb -D__SAME51N19A__ -DDEBUG  -I"C:\Program Files (x86)\Atmel\Studio\7.0\Packs\atmel\SAME51_DFP\1.1.129\include" -I"../BSP" -I"../CMSIS" -I"../HAL" -I"../PeripheralDrivers" -I"../HAL/SercomMethods" -I"../Other" -I"../Utilities" -I"C:\Program Files (x86)\Atmel\Studio\7.0\Packs\arm\CMSIS\5.4.0\CMSIS\Core\Include" -I"C:\Program Files (x86)\Atmel\Studio\7.0\Packs\atmel\SAME51_DFP\1.1.139\include" -I"../Algorithm"  -O0 -ffunction-sections -fno-rtti -fno-exceptions -mlong-calls -g3 -Wall -Wextra -Wundef -mcpu=cortex-m4 -c -MD -MP -MF "PeripheralDrivers/VBrsc.d" -MT"PeripheralDrivers/VBrsc.d" -MT"PeripheralDrivers/VBrsc.o"   -o "PeripheralDrivers/VBrsc.o" "../PeripheralDrivers/VBrsc.cpp" 
		Finished building: ../PeripheralDrivers/VBrsc.cpp

and

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Atmel\Studio\7.0\toolchain\arm\arm-gnu-toolchain\bin\arm-none-eabi-g++.exe" -mthumb -D__SAME51N19A__ -DDEBUG  -I"C:\Program Files (x86)\Atmel\Studio\7.0\Packs\atmel\SAME51_DFP\1.1.129\include" -I"../BSP" -I"../CMSIS" -I"../HAL" -I"../PeripheralDrivers" -I"../HAL/SercomMethods" -I"../Other" -I"../Utilities" -I"C:\Program Files (x86)\Atmel\Studio\7.0\Packs\arm\CMSIS\5.4.0\CMSIS\Core\Include" -I"C:\Program Files (x86)\Atmel\Studio\7.0\Packs\atmel\SAME51_DFP\1.1.139\include" -I"../Algorithm"  -O0 -ffunction-sections -fno-rtti -fno-exceptions -mlong-calls -g3 -Wall -Wextra -Wundef -mcpu=cortex-m4 -c -MD -MP -MF "PeripheralDrivers/RS232.d" -MT"PeripheralDrivers/RS232.d" -MT"PeripheralDrivers/RS232.o"   -o "PeripheralDrivers/RS232.o" "../PeripheralDrivers/RS232.cpp" 
		Finished building: ../PeripheralDrivers/RS232.cpp

The command we use is:

atmelstudio.exe solution file /build

and I also see in the build log:

COLLECT_GCC=C:\Program Files (x86)\Atmel\Studio\7.0\toolchain\arm\arm-gnu-toolchain\bin\arm-none-eabi-gcc.exe
		Target: arm-none-eabi
		"C:\Program Files (x86)\Atmel\Studio\7.0\toolchain\arm\arm-gnu-toolchain\bin\arm-none-eabi-gcc.exe"  -x c -mthumb -D__SAME51N19A__ -DDEBUG  -I"../Device_Startup" -I"C:\Program Files (x86)\Atmel\Studio\7.0\Packs\atmel\SAME51_DFP\1.1.129\include" -I"../BSP" -I"../CMSIS" -I"../HAL" -I"../PeripheralDrivers" -I"../HAL/SercomMethods" -I"../Other" -I"../Utilities" -I"C:\Program Files (x86)\Atmel\Studio\7.0\Packs\arm\CMSIS\5.4.0\CMSIS\Core\Include" -I"C:\Program Files (x86)\Atmel\Studio\7.0\Packs\atmel\SAME51_DFP\1.1.139\include" -I"../Algorithm"  -O0 -ffunction-sections -mlong-calls -g3 -Wall -Wextra -Wundef -mcpu=cortex-m4 -c -std=gnu99 -mfloat-abi=softfp -mfpu=fpv5-sp-d16 -v -MD -MP -MF "Other/syscalls.d" -MT"Other/syscalls.d" -MT"Other/syscalls.o"   -o "Other/syscalls.o" "../Other/syscalls.c" 
		Finished building: ../Other/syscalls.c
		Configured with: /home/toolsbuild/workspace/arm-gnu-toolchain/gcc-arm-none-eabi-6-2017-q2-update/src/gcc/configure --build=x86_64-linux-gnu --host=i686-w64-mingw32 --target=arm-none-eabi --prefix=/home/toolsbuild/workspace/arm-gnu-toolchain/gcc-arm-none-eabi-6-2017-q2-update/install-mingw --libexecdir=/home/toolsbuild/workspace/arm-gnu-toolchain/gcc-arm-none-eabi-6-2017-q2-update/install-mingw/lib --infodir=/home/toolsbuild/workspace/arm-gnu-toolchain/gcc-arm-none-eabi-6-2017-q2-update/install-mingw/share/doc/gcc-arm-none-eabi/info --mandir=/home/toolsbuild/workspace/arm-gnu-toolchain/gcc-arm-none-eabi-6-2017-q2-update/install-mingw/share/doc/gcc-arm-none-eabi/man --htmldir=/home/toolsbuild/workspace/arm-gnu-toolchain/gcc-arm-none-eabi-6-2017-q2-update/install-mingw/share/doc/gcc-arm-none-eabi/html --pdfdir=/home/toolsbuild/workspace/arm-gnu-toolchain/gcc-arm-none-eabi-6-2017-q2-update/install-mingw/share/doc/gcc-arm-none-eabi/pdf --enable-languages=c,c++ --enable-mingw-wildcard --disable-decimal-float --disable-libffi --disable-libgomp --disable-libmudflap --disable-libquadmath --disable-libssp --disable-libstdcxx-pch --disable-nls --disable-shared --disable-threads --disable-tls --with-gnu-as --with-gnu-ld --with-headers=yes --with-newlib --with-python-dir=share/gcc-arm-none-eabi --with-sysroot=/home/toolsbuild/workspace/arm-gnu-toolchain/gcc-arm-none-eabi-6-2017-q2-update/install-mingw/arm-none-eabi --with-libiconv-prefix=/home/toolsbuild/workspace/arm-gnu-toolchain/gcc-arm-none-eabi-6-2017-q2-update/build-mingw/host-libs/usr --with-gmp=/home/toolsbuild/workspace/arm-gnu-toolchain/gcc-arm-none-eabi-6-2017-q2-update/build-mingw/host-libs/usr --with-mpfr=/home/toolsbuild/workspace/arm-gnu-toolchain/gcc-arm-none-eabi-6-2017-q2-update/build-mingw/host-libs/usr --with-mpc=/home/toolsbuild/workspace/arm-gnu-toolchain/gcc-arm-none-eabi-6-2017-q2-update/build-mingw/host-libs/usr --with-isl=/home/toolsbuild/workspace/arm-gnu-toolchain/gcc-arm-none-eabi-6-2017-q2-update/build-mingw/host-libs/usr --with-libelf=/home/toolsbuild/workspace/arm-gnu-toolchain/gcc-arm-none-eabi-6-2017-q2-update/build-mingw/host-libs/usr --with-host-libstdcxx='-static-libgcc -Wl,-Bstatic,-lstdc++,-Bdynamic -lm' --with-pkgversion='Atmel build: 508' --with-multilib-list=rmprofile,aprofile
		Thread model: single
		gcc version 6.3.1 20170620 (release) [ARM/embedded-6-branch revision 249437] (Atmel build: 508) 

edit:
Can I upload / send the build-wrapper-dump.jsson and the build-wrapper.log somewhere safe?
@mpaladin

@Abbas_Sabra
I remember u helped me in the past with GCC and XC8
Is this issue the same as in the past with XC8 or is the arm compiler supported?
Cause I seen a topic here on the forum that a man in 2018 compiled successfully with SonarScanner and the build wrapper for atmel studio but he had a short path in his folder name.

What do you suggest?

Currently I do this

//////////////////////////////////////SONARQUBE SETTINGS FOR SONARQUBE DEVELOPER EDITON
                        def sonar_analyse_string = " -X "
                        sonar_analyse_string += " -Dsonar.host.url=http://10.10.20.211:9001 "
                        sonar_analyse_string += " -Dsonar.verbose=true "
                        sonar_analyse_string += " -Dsonar.projectKey=DCU "
                        sonar_analyse_string += " -Dsonar.login=privat "
                        sonar_analyse_string += " -Dsonar.sourceEncoding=UTF-8 "
                        sonar_analyse_string += " -Dsonar.sources=DCU "
                        sonar_analyse_string += " -Dsonar.working.directory=sonarWD "
                        sonar_analyse_string += " -Dsonar.branch.name=$env.BRANCH_NAME "
                        sonar_analyse_string += " -Dsonar.import_unknown_files=true "
                        sonar_analyse_string += " -Dsonar.cfamily.build-wrapper-output=analyse "
                        sonar_analyse_string += " -Dsonar.cfamily.cache.enabled=false "
                        sonar_analyse_string += " -Dsonar.cppcheck.reportPath=cppcheck-report.xml "

echo "SonarQube anaylse settings: ${sonar_analyse_string}" 

withSonarQubeEnv('SonarQube') 
                        {

bat "misra.bat"
                            bat "build-wrapper-win-x86-64.exe --out-dir analyse clean.bat"
                            bat "build-wrapper-win-x86-64.exe --out-dir analyse build.bat"
 //////////////////////////////////////EXECUTE SONARQUBE SCANNER PUBLISHER FOR SONARQUBE DEVELOPER EDITON
                            echo "sonar_analyse_string:  ${sonar_analyse_string}"
                            bat "${scannerHome}/bin/sonar-scanner.bat ${sonar_analyse_string}"    

Hi @ralphvbair ,

I am sending you a pm.

there should be only one build-wrapper call, the last one is enough and anyway it overwrites the previous output.