I’d like to write some design rules that involve several classes / packages. Before I get into this, I’d like to know if this is even possible, or if rules are always bound to a specific class or package?
Such design rules coule be e.g.:
- cyclic references between classes (I couldn’t find a plugin for this)
- classes that have several equal attributes or methods, but do not share a common interface
- Interfaces that are nowhere implemented or abstract classes that have no concrete subclass
- public attributes or methods that are not used from outside a class (besides reflection)
- bottleneck classes - i.e. classes that are referenced too many times
- check of java 9 modules (if provided) in pre java 9 projects
some of them can probably be found somewhere (if so, please give me a link), nevertheless I’d like to implement a lot more.