IntelliJ Plugin notification always links to localhost

Please provide

• Operating system: Windows 10
  • SonarLint plugin version: 7.0.0.52289
  • IntelliJ version: IntelliJ IDEA 2022.2.1 (Ultimate Edition) Build #IU-222.3739.54
  • Connected to SonarQube Developer Edition, Version 9.4 (build 54424)

When a quality gate changes its status a notification is displayed in IntelliJ. The link “Open in SonarQube” always links to localhost:9000 instead of the connected SQ instance.

Hi,

As far as I remember, URLs displayed in SonarLint developer notifications are constructed based on server base URL. You should ask your SonarQube administrator to set the value of the Server base URL to a “public” URL.

Thanks for this link, it works. But I do not understand WHY the plugin does not use its own configuration, it has the url already configured…

That’s how the API was designed at that time. The server is returning full URLs as part of the notification payload. I don’t remember exactly why, could be to allow “external” URLs.
So on the SonarLint side we simply use the given URL, without any “logic”.

Anyway, setting the server base URL is a good practice, since it is also used in email notifications and a few other features.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.