Integrating unit and integration tests with SonarQube

Markdown

Version:

Intent:
I am trying to report unit and integration tests coverage to SonarQube from my Java project to see the metrics for both separately on the SonarQube dashboard.

Tried so far:
I have added the maven jacoco plugin to the pom.xml in my project and configured it to generate 2 exes, jacoco-ut.exec and jacoco-it.exec.
I am trying to deal with the unit tests first since the integration tests are failing in the build for some other reason. Here is the command I use to run the unit tests in my Jenkinsfile:

stages {
    stage('Build') {
      agent { label "build-centos" }
      environment {
        branch_name = "${env.BRANCH_NAME}"
      }
      steps {
          writeFile file: '.build-docker', text: ''
          script {
            initPipeline majorVersion: '4',
              serviceName: 'forensics-service'
            parallel (
              app: {
                    sh """
                    mvn -DnewVersion=$VERSION versions:set

mvn -X -Dproject.docker.project=$DOCKER_REPO -Dsonar.host.url=*** -Dsonar.login=*** -
                    Dsonar.password=*** -Dsonar.branch.name=${branch_name} clean verify sonar:sonar

mvn -Dproject.docker.project=$DOCKER_REPO -Ddocker.allContainers docker:stop -P 
                    integration-test

mvn -Dproject.docker.project=$DOCKER_REPO verify -P integration-test

mvn -Dproject.docker.project=$DOCKER_REPO -DskipUTs=true install docker:push 
                    docker:stop

mvn -X -Dproject.docker.project=$DOCKER_REPO -Dsonar.host.url=*** -Dsonar.login=*** - 
                    Dsonar.password=*** -Dsonar.branch.name=${branch_name} - 
                    Dsonar.coverage.jacoco.xmlReportPaths=target/site/jacoco-it - 
                    Dsonar.java.binaries=target/classes/com/proofpoint/forensicsstore sonar:sonar

"""
              },
              tests: {
                sh """
                 mvn install -f tests/pom.xml
                """
                buildDocker directory: 'tests', image: "$NAME-tests", arguments: "--build-arg version=$VERSION --build-arg branch=${env.BRANCH_NAME} ."
              },
              helm: {
                packageHelm('*',
                  '--app-version', env.VERSION,
                  '--set', "cloud15-helm.k8s-config-hook.service=$NAME",
                  '--set', "cloud15-helm.k8s-config-hook.serviceVersion=$VERSION",
                  '--set', "cloud15-helm.k8s-config-hook.oauthClient=false")
              }
            )
          }
          stage("Quality Gate"){
              steps {
                  timeout(time: 5, unit: 'MINUTES') {
                      // Parameter indicates whether to set pipeline to UNSTABLE if Quality Gate fails
                      // true = set pipeline to UNSTABLE, false = don't
                      waitForQualityGate abortPipeline: true
                  }
              }
          }
      }
      post {
        always {
          sh """
            mvn -Dproject.docker.project=$DOCKER_REPO  -Ddocker.allContainers docker:stop -P integration-test
          """
          junit '**/target/surefire-reports/*.xml'

step([
            $class           : 'JacocoPublisher',
            execPattern      : '**/target/coverage-reports/*.exec',
            classPattern     : '**/target/classes/com/proofpoint/forensicsstore',
            sourcePattern    : 'src/main/java',
            exclusionPattern : '**/*Test.class'
          ])
        }
      }
    }

Issue:
Right now my blocker is, sonar qube being able to read the unit tests count and most of the other metrics except code coverage, which is important to me.

Thanks in advance.

Hi,

Welcome to the community!

It looks like a few hours after posting this, you contributed on the same topic to another thread and got answered there. Unless you say something different, I’ll consider this topic answered.

Ann

Yes this was answered by a support ticket. Thank you!