Must-share information (formatted with Markdown):
- which versions are you using (SonarQube, Scanner, Plugin, and any relevant extension) - Sonarqube Developer Edition 9
- what are you trying to achieve - Interating Sonarqube 9 with Azure devops pipeline for gradle code using Java 8 (I know java 8 is not supported)
- what have you tried so far to achieve this -
- With Java 8, sonar is failing with error message: : “org/sonar/batch/bootstrapper/EnvironmentInformation has been compiled by a more recent version of the Java Runtime (class file version 55.0), this version of the Java Runtime only recognizes class file versions up to 52.0”
- We integrated the code with Java 11. In that case the Gradle Build is failing with error message: “ Execution failed for task ‘:compileJava’”. Since our code is compatible with Java 8 only
- As per Sonarqube documentation: [Moving Analysis to Java 11 | SonarQube Docs], “If you are running your build with a Microsoft-hosted agent, this is already automatically done, and you’re all set.” This is not happening .