I would like to know if SonarQube has the option to provide the report for lines of code changed/inserted/updated

sonarqube

(tenusha) #1

I would like to know if Sonar has the option to provide the report for lines of code changed/inserted/updated between the given timeframe ?

(G Ann Campbell) #2

Hi,

What you’re asking about is “new lines”. Specifically, we consider any line either added or updated as “new” in the New Code Period. (The corner case we don’t cover is lines that were modified by being deleted.)

You can see the value for your project in the Measures page, under the Size domain, labeled New Lines. Unfortunately, we don’t yet calculate “New Lines of Code”, but it’s in the backlog ( 1. SONAR-10228). Feel free to watch and vote!

Ann

(tenusha) #3

Hello Ann,

Thank you for the workaround, I want to know if there is a way to get new(or updated/deleted) lines of code introduce since last analysis, not last version.

Kind regards,
Tenusha.

(G Ann Campbell) #4

Hi Tenusha,

I didn’t really consider this a workaround. :smile:

But if you feel you really have to have this value and you can’t get it directly from your SCM (which would seem the most natural place to look) then what I really do consider a workaround would be to get the New Code values after each analysis and do math. (But again, this won’t account for deleted lines.) You can pull the data either from the UI or directly via the web services that are used to feed the UI.

There’s a link in your page footer to the on-board documentation of the web services available in your version. Look at “measures”.

Ann

(tenusha) #5

Thank you…!!