Need to specify base/target branch for Developer Edition Version 8.1 (build 31237)
- We use the sonar-scanner option -Dsonar.branch.name to specify the branch name.
- We have reported a branch ‘master’ and using the New Code Period setting Previous version (Default).
- For the master branch this works as expected.
- For a new developer branch the first analyses is always PASSED.
- According to some older Sonarqube documentation there was an option ‘-Dsonar.branch.target’, but that was removed in https://jira.sonarsource.com/browse/SONAR-12426
- So how can we tell Sonarqube what base it should use for comparing to ?
see this threads for current discussion and status