How you are encrypting code?

Hi Guys,
For security purpose, I just wanted to know which algorithm you guys are following to encrypt source code or how you guys are encrypting the code.

It would be really great if you guys can tell.

Hi Deepak,

Source code is not encrypted in database. This need should be addressed by relying on the encryption features of your database vendor.

Regards

1 Like

Hi, Thank you for your response, but I can see in sonar database my code is encrypted I am not able to view that encrypted code. That is I wanted to know how I can view that file code without sonarqube UI.

Hi, this is the related source code: FileSourceDto

The source code is encoded in a binary format defined by a protobuf message (see db-file-sources.proto) and compressed with LZ4.

Can you read the file source without the SonarQube UI? Yes, you can but it’s not a trivial task.

4 Likes

Thank you. This is what I was looking for.

Can you read the file source without the SonarQube UI? Yes, you can but it’s not a trivial task.

• Can you tell me how can I go for this?

No, I can’t. I showed you the source code from SonarQube itself, you could try to find a way to use it.

What is your use case after all? Why do you need this?

1 Like

I am trying to encrypt source code exactly you guys are doing even I refer SonarQube code but haven’t got success yet.

:slight_smile:

Anyway, I’m afraid I can’t help you with this.

1 Like

No worries, Thank you!