- which versions are you using SonarQube
- Sonarqube 184.108.40.206781
- what are you trying to achieve
- How can a developer quickly determine if their latest code changes will pass a quality gate containing a “80% or higher code coverage on new code” rule.
- what have you tried so far to achieve this
- Thought of implementing PR analysis in Git to pass/fail the MR CI gate. Curious if there’s an easier way for the developer though.
If I setup a quality gate with the following rule:
- 80% or > code coverage on new code
What would be the easiest way for a developer to determine if the changes they’re making will pass this quality gate rule?
Some ideas I had:
- Would the team need to add the SonarScanner to their project and run the scan locally?
- Or maybe we’d need to integrate PR Analysis and have an MR created to scan the new changes? (but I read in another post that PR analysis will not follow a specified quality gate?)